2. Don't laugh at his stupid jokes! You'll only (courage) him to say them again.
3. That sidewalk is (slip), I almost fell!
4. After Monday, I will no longer be a foreigner--I am receiving my (citizen)!
5. Arthur will be very lonely unless you (friend) him.
6. Every afternoon, the cooks (sharp) their knives in preparation for dinner.
7. I hate being around Mary Lou, she is so so (friendly).
8. The stock market crash of 1929 left my great-grandfather (penny).
9. I have a class at 8:00 a.m. but I always (sleep).
10. The groom may (veil) the bride only when their vows have been exchanged.